See how our site (Plot 4) fits in to the Bedminster Green Framework Area
- Bedminster Green is located in South Bristol.
- It is about a ½ mile south of Wapping Wharf, about 1 mile south of the City Centre and 1 ½ miles south of Cabot Circus.
- It is about 1 mile to Temple Meads train station and about 200m to Bedminster train station.
- It is adjacent to Metrobus Route 1 and a new Metrobus stop will be located at the front of Plot 4.
- Plot 4 sits between Little Paradise and Stafford Street to the north of Malago Road and to the south of East Street.
- Plot 4 is currently a brownfield site containing a range of light industrial warehouses and car parking (photo of site above).
- It is approximately 0.5 hectares.
- It is one of five plots comprising the Bedminster Green Framework Area.
- Bedminster Green has been identified by Bristol City Council in its Urban Living Supplementary Planning Document as one of the key locations suitable for higher density development subject to the preparation of an area-wide spatial Framework (see above image).
- The Bedminster Green Framework was adopted by Bristol City Council in March 2019. View The Bedminster Green Framework document (PDF)
- The five landowners, including Bristol City Council, that own the five plots comprising Bedminster Green have worked together to deliver:
- The Bedminster Green Framework
- The Strategic Transport Assessment
- The Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- The collaborative and coordinated approach seeks to ensure strategic and plot specific transport and connectivity, flooding, drainage and public realm layout and design are considered holistically for the benefit of the wider regeneration area and the local communities in to which it connects.
- Each landowner will prepare individual planning applications for each plot with due consideration to the wider regeneration aspirations and proposals
- Bristol City Council will be delivering the strategic infrastructure upgrades to the highways and River Malago through CIL funding.
Access and Connectivity
- Bedminster Green (including Plot 4) is located in a highly sustainable and well connected location. Emphasis has been placed on sustainable modes of transports – rail, bus, cycle and walking (see above image).
- Bedminster Station is located at the south of the Bedminster Green Framework Area. It is one, 2 minute journey to Temple Meads.
- Metrobus Route 1 and other local bus routes run along Malago Road (A38) and East Street in to the city centre, Temple Meads and beyond.
- Malago Greenway cycle route, which connects Windmill Hill and Victoria Park to Wapping Wharf and the City Centre, will be diverted along Stafford Street, along a newly extended Leicester Street to re-join its existing route further north on Little Paradise.
- Little Paradise and Stafford Street connects Malago Road (and Bedminster Station, Windmill Hill further south) with East Street and Plot 4 will enhance and improve these pedestrian and cycle links along and through Plot 4 as well as the public realm generally to create a safe and accessible environment.
- A total of 71 car parking spaces will be located in the basement for Plot 4 – 17 of which will be blue badge and 15 of which will cater for electric vehicles. New residents will not be entitled to resident parking permits.
- A total of 419 secure bike storage spaces will be provided for Plot 4 plus an additional 32 visitor spaces within the public realm.